22 August 2013
In short, the answer is no, Gmail’s inbox changes is not the end of email marketing. Rather, the new changes will improve the way brands communicate and interact with their consumers. Although there has been rumors that email is on the down and out, the truth is that over the past two decades email has remained a constant channel that brands use to communicate with consumers to help drive revenue. There are new strategies that marketers will need to adopt to take advantage of these changes:
1. Marketers will have an easier time reaching customers who actually want to buy their product
Commercial and marketing emails will automatically be moved into the promotions tab. This is a positive for email marketers because when consumers open up their promotions tab they have intent to purchase a product and are looking for offers from brands they are interested in.
2. Marketers will be able to send more email
Gmail has given brands the opportunity to engage their subscribes in a new way. Instead of fearing the dreaded spam folders, marketers can send their recipients as many emails as they desire to promote a sale or a new product.
3. Marketers will need to test out new optimization techniques
Now that all promotional content will be kept in a new tab, campaigns that include a time stamp, such as a two day sale, may not be as successful. This is because recipients get to choose when they want to open the promotions tab and look for new products and promotions. Marketers will need to test new types of promotions online as well as what time of day is the best to reach their desired audience.
— Lauren Keeleycomments powered by Disqus
What is AdStack?
AdStack is a real-time advertising optimization platform that uses quantitative techniques to automatically optimize and manage digital marketing campaigns for agencies, publishers and advertisers.
Check out our careers page for openings.
- Is List Buying Beneficial for User Acquisition?
- Do Gmail's inbox changes mean death for email marketing?
- Dedicated Email Equals Valuable Customers
- Let's Makeover your Email
- It's the Landing Page, Not the Traffic
- AdStack LiveOptimizer is now a part of ExactTarget HubExchange!
- We Hosted our First Webinar
- The Rise of Email
- We Are Hosting Our First Webinar!
- AdStack Provides Media Services
- AdStack Exhibits at IRCE, Chicago!
- Case Study: Publishers Clearing House
- We Sponsored the Optimization Summit 2013!
- It's Been Awhile, Let's Catch Up
- New Website & Branding
- Vendor HotSeat at Ad:Tech New York
- AdStack on Everything Internet Radio Show
- AdStack at Dreamforce 2012